Friday, January 2, 2009

6 years

Engagement Picture, April 2002

1 MBA degree

4 apartments

3 continents

3 jobs

4 preschools

1 CFA exam

and most importantly, 2 kids

All in 6 glorious, challenging, tiring and happy married years.

Jef and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday, New Year's Day. Like any other event falling on a major holiday, our anniversary does not get as much attention it deserves. Blame the Arthur Andersen guys I used to work with who brainwashed me about avoiding the marriage tax penalty, that's why we decided it might make more financial sense to get married on the 1st of the year. But on the second thought, who am I kidding? Given the Christmas holiday timeframe of our wedding, it will still not get the attention it deserves no matter which day we decided to do it.

But every year, we try hard to celebrate our successes and look back to see how we can move forward, and be a better spouse to each other. Yes, it is not easy, but I think we are on the right track.

Happy anniversary, Be. I can never think of a better person to spend the rest of my life with.

No comments: