Sunday, January 11, 2009

Golden Globes- My live blog 4

Maggie Gyllenhaal's dress is hideous. Best Actress in a Mini-Series or TV Movie. I have no opinion about this one, have not seen any. But Laura Linney won for John Adams. It seems that John Adams will sweep the Mini-Series or TV Movie. It's Laura's first win, she deserves it, this woman is so talented and she seems so smart.

Colin Farrell presented the Best Foreign Language Film. He always seemed to be speaking in a foreign language to me, I can hardly understand his accent.

Demi really looks prettier and younger than Rumer. Tom Cruise looks cute, Robert Downey looks older. This is interesting- Heath Ledger just won for Best Supporting Actor, and there's a standing ovation for him. They just showed a brief clip of Heath in the Dark Knight, he was really good. Chris Nolan's acceptance speech for Heath was short and sweet.

Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange really look like a mom and daughter team. They're presenting Best Mini-Series of TV Movie. I want to watch Grey Gardens, the Broadway Play that they're adapting for HBO. My pick is John Adams- and it just won. I have the book where they based the movie, and it is still gathering dust on our bookshelf. Tom Hanks said that everybody should read this book, then maybe I should now. He sounded shrill.

Jake Gyllenhaal presented the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It should win Best Picture.

No comments: